Friday, August 14, 2009

It Does a Mommy's Heart Good




I can't begin to express what today's mail brought into this house.






Today we got Cole's first state test report card.






I had trepidations to open it, because Cam has always done well, and we make over him like crazy for it....so what if?






I figured he would do well at math, as his first grade teacher still calls him Mr. Math.






In a flood, the memories of OT and Speech several times a week combined with our home district wanting to put him in SDC preschool.






We have only asked him to do his best...and always, he has pushed harder than we've realized in some ways.






Holding a tiny bit of air in, I opened it. Halelujah! This little engine that could received "advanced" in both categories (math and reading/ language arts).






It rushed over me like freight train and I burst into tears of joy. When I showed him his scores and we discussed what that meant, he smiled ear to ear and said "well yes, Mommy, I tried my best".






Its not about a test so much as accomplishments. I love that his attitude has always been so great and he has never-ever stopped trying his best.



Mrs. Oppy and Mrs. Ellefson are tremendous!


God bless all of you mommies out there!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats, Coleman! Plus the amazing support group your kids have! Well done team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow!!! Way to go Coleman! Your new name should be Mr. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coleman, you are the BEST!!! Putting your best forward will always bring good things, ALWAYS!!!! You go Cole!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Coleman! we're so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah Coleman! Way to go!!! That's fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so proud of Cole and his accomplishments!
    We totally enjoyed Gary and Coleman's while they were here. You can't even imagine what a great help they both were. I don't know what I would have done without them! You would have been so proud of both of them! We will miss them so much! We wish you could have been here for the wedding Stef, along with Cam; it pretty much went off without a hitch! I will post photos on Shutterfly (although Gary got some pretty good shots).

    I mailed Coleman's sweatshirt and ball that he left at the house this afternoon. Fed Ex should deliver it to him on Saturday. Terry and I will be leaving for the family campout tomorrow morning early! Wish you could join us!

    Love You Guys So Much! Linda

    ReplyDelete